Thursday, September 14, 2006

Berlin

Elena hugging the famous Berlin Bear
05/09/06
I went to Berlin last week to attend the IFA exhibition. I unfortunately did not see much of the reputedly beautiful capital. The exhibition was impressive, I was working at the stand most of the time but in two days I only managed to see half of the exhibition halls.

The best part was the chance to hang out with Elena, she's also in marketing but in charge of the markets of Russia and Eastern Europe. We get along great. I don't know if it is because we have matching names or because we both lived all over the world, but we have so much to talk about, work, hobbies and our experiences, it's excellent.

I also met the manager of the Spanish office Luis, who speaks French fluently because he spent many summer holidays in my home town! What a small world. Brilliant man, very interesting, he shared some of his work experience, nothing I can apply in my work, but worth knowing and remembering.

No comments: