1. What is the stupidest mistake you have ever made with money? None actually, I am a very cautious saver and spending all my money on flight/train/bus tickets to date Alex or see my family was an investment on my happiness - far from stupid. So I guess the stupidest thing was to lend money to a friend that never returned it, but it was not a lot so don't care.
2. Do you think taxes are unfair or do you think it's your civic duty? I don't mind when I can see how it is used for the benefit of the community and country. What I do not understand and not tolerate is why I pay tax on my bonus? bonus is an extra reward for a job well done, I already pay tax on my salary, a bonus is discretionary because I work hard, tax has got nothing to do with that money, because I'm pretty sure the government administration does not work quite as hard.
3. Do you take risks and possibly turn your life upside down for new opportunity? That's the story of my life. I've done it more times than I can count. My boss is a gambler and I once told him I didn't gamble (talking about money) and he said Oh yes, you gamble with your life. He was full of admiration when he said that. Cool.
4. Are you the alpha in your household? Neither, Alex isn't a pushover nor a bully and neither am I. We both wear the trousers. see next question.
5. Do you compromise with your significant other or does someone always get their way? Always compromise. We are not about to do/say/agree with something we don't want to do/agree with, etc. We don't argue either, we just talk nice until we agree.
6. What curse word do you use most often? Fuck. It sounds so relieving. It's short and simple and explicit and I can use for all sorts of purpose, even as an adjective to emphasize the point I want to make, e.g. this is fucking awesome!
7. Do you easily change your mind or are you dead set on most issues? Jeannie said "I'm a freakin weather vane..." ditto. I never know the whole story, so if the person I'm talking to seems to know more, then I'll go along with their opinion or theory.
8. What famous person would you like to trade places with for one week? Hmmm. I'm not a huge fan of anyone in particular, but I guess I would enjoy experiencing the life of Cameron Diaz because she looks like she's great fun and she can surf, and I'd surf my day away and party the night away.
9. If you could go back in time and tell one person off, who would it be and what would you say? I can remember being pissed off at a lot of people and holding my tongue, not because I'm smarter, but because I could never think of what I want to tell them when I have the opportunity to tell them. And then I forget. I guess the one person I am still mad at but would not care to talk to, is my ex-best friend in Malaysia, Samantha, we were very good friends, the kind I did not have many of in my life. But she said some very mean things to me when I decided to move to Europe, blaming me for mistreating Alex when it was his dream to start with etc. I don't think there is anything I want to tell her, she's too stupid to understand.
10. Were you a good student or did you do just enough to get by? I was a good student, but with average marks. Not to quickest tool in the shed, but the hard working one. A bit of a nerd - still am.
11. If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out on their own, what would you tell them? Hang in there, always, the ride will be rough but it will be worth it sooner than you think.
12. Are people basically good and honest or are most people opportunistic and predatory? I know an equal amount of both kind, but when I meet anyone the first time, my first instinct tells me they are good and honest, then I realise how naive I am and laugh at myself.
13. Is there somebody you wish you could go back and apologize to? No. Because I am not afraid to admit my mistakes and I do aplogise if I mean it. So I have given all the apologies I owed. Along this line however, I do have a strong regret, not telling some people I loved them when I had the opportunity.