Wednesday, March 14, 2007

It's a beautiful day

...don't let it get away... Singing along U2's hit of the summer of 2000.


It is the 14th of March, still a good week into winter before Spring, however Spring is typically composed of a lasting Winter, dragging well into June. Not this year!!!
I had the coolest day, I was taking some magazine editors out for lunch today. I do that regularly so that they remember to publish my press releases and feature our products instead of the competitors' whenever they have an opportunity. Lucky me, these editors are grouped into four major publishing houses, two in London, one in Bath and one in Bournemouth (that's where I was going today). And if I show my face once a year, treat them to a nice lunch, leave a goodie bag for each of them and it's smooth sailing from there.

Today was the most gorgeous day, I was wearing a black skirt and a turquoise short sleeve top, it was 14 degrees with a clear blue sky and bright warm sunshine. The editors and journalists were good fun and really enjoyed the lunch. By three o'clock we were done and I asked Ian if he did not mind driving by the ocean, not only he did, but we walked along the coast, then walked down to the sea side, walked along the beach and back up to the car. We had another cup of coffee at the Marriott overlooking the Ocean before heading back to London. It was just brilliant.

Martin lives in Bournemouth, so I was glad to discover his town, and a couple of times, he called me in the office when he walks Fletch on the beach, it is cool to picture where he's calling from.

6 comments:

tweetey30 said...

This is beautiful. I have seen nothing like it in my life. I wish I could come visit some day. Boy would that make a beautiful trip. I hope spring brings many more trips out to the ocean and/or other beautiful places. Tweets.

none said...

I used to be on the receiving end of such business dealings. I liked being treated to dinners and goodie bags.

Glad you had a nice time. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Vest said...

Bournmouth beach U/K is more beautiful than Bondi Oz, but Budgewoi beach nine miles long; where I live on the Cent/Coast NSW OZ, is gorgeous. Check it out on Google.

Cathy said...

Those pictures and your beach walking description made me so long to be there. *sigh*

by Danie said...

Ben!!!! depuis quand tu es devenue Cremiere???
Chuis sure c'est a cause de ta copine sirene coquine...

Jeannie said...

I love the beach too - and that is certainly a lovely one. I live way too far from the ocean for my liking - and we are a good drive even from the Great Lakes but there are some beautiful beaches there too.
Thanks for the invite to visit. ;)