1) My dad taught me dedication. He spend 25 years in the same job. He never took advantage of the business. He always tried to improve and grow within the business
2) My dad did protect me. I was quite independant and brave and looked after myself, but whenever we travelled, especially in India, he would stay up to make sure that no one kidnaps me, or hurts us.
3) My dad's idea of being a good father is to provide us comfort, give us what we need and if possible, what we want and give us an education, he did all that exceedingly well, so technically he's a as perfect as his idea ofd fatherhood is.
4) My dad - I reckon - did not really know how to interact with me. He would chat with Julien all the time, but I don't remember having many conversations with him until I was 19. That's the time he had some things to teach me, like managing my money, interacting with bosses and colleagues, seeing through a project or job and achieving targets.
5) My dad played jigsaw puzzles with me when I was in my transition between child and teenager. I loved those, I did the difficult ones, 2000 pieces jigsaws of catles in the bavarian forest (Germany). He was working in a different town and so only came home on weekends and he would take off his shoes and run upstairs to my room to do the jigsaw with me till dinner. That's my favorite quality time I eve had with dad.
6) My dad taught me loyalty, commitment, seriousness, out smarting smart arses in the office who play politics. (That one is fairly useful, although I am not as clever as I'd need).
7) My dad is fun, just not so much with me, but I see him with my mom and brother and his friends, and I do see a funny man. He enjoys life, golf, beer, good food, in French I'd say 'bon-vivant', I think it's cool.
8) My dad has dreams. I like to listen to his dreams, about where they could live, which house, what renovation they could/would/will make to make a house a home.
9) My dad likes to treat us to the best wines, food, restuarants and holidays, it's never too expensive or unreasonable when it comes to Julien or me.
10) ... well that's it. I can't think of a 10 but I've got 9 nice things to love my dad and that will give me a good enough relationship that did not deserve any mean words from Ron.
Go on and do one for your dads, I look forward to reading them.