1) When I was a kid, I could fall asleep anywhere at anytime. I would throw tantrums if my parents did not put me to bed by 8 o’clock. I really liked my sleep.
2) When I was a kid, I had nightmares. I only start remembering my nightmares from the age of three. My bad dreams included darkness, wolves, apes and sad things, like mom or Julien not loving me.
3) When I was a kid, I loved climbing up and jumping down. I climbed trees, I climbed rocks, I climbed fences, and pretty much anything else that can be climbed on. Then I jump down – from a reasonable height. I caused myself many injuries, mostly deep skin scratches on my back, arms and legs, caused by misjudging a branch or rock. 25 years later I am actually scared of heights?!?!
4) When I was a kid, I used to play in the antique Roman bath behind the house, there were underground galleries which were used as conduct for warming the bath. Julien and I were great adventurers and jumped down in those baths, and climbed up again and played GI joe by crawling into the gallery, and once I got stuck in the gallery and could not get out, I got so scared, I really thought I’d die of suffocation, but Julien managed to pull me out… Somehow I am not claustrophobic (doh!)
5) When I was a kid, I loved wearing dresses, but always preferred playing with boys – laddish games. So there I was a sweet little girl with blond curly hair, a lovely dress, her baby doll, her thumb in her mouth, running around playing cowboys and Indians, GI Joes and marbles and pirates, etc. I always liked balance…
6) When I was a kid, I did not like arguments. I soon realised that arguments were caused by difference of opinions and intolerance and decided that I would keep my opinions very open-minded to avoid conflict and never have to argue. I still live by that principle, I’m a much happier person.
Phew… this is a long post…
7) When I was a kid, I moved to India for my dad’s job. I discovered that France was not the world, I realised that you need no electricity, no toys, no water and no forms of entertainment to be happy, all you need is to be with the ones you love.
8) When I was a kid, I travelled throughout India, Thailand and Singapore. My curiosity got more than it bargained for when I discovered many other races and religions, weddings and funerals, ways of life and traditions. It was a hobby for a long time, and made me realise very early on the importance of tolerance and that there are no geographical boundaries, just nearer or further.
9) When I was a kid, I loved going to the sea side with my family, we’d go to be beach to dig for cockles and other seashells, I was scared of crabs, I thought they would pinch me to death! I loved playing in the sand dunes. I still love playing in sand.
10) When I was a kid, I played marbles, and lost them all to an older kid, so Julien beat him up, and I got all my marbles back (not figuratively though, I'm still missing those). I loved my brother very much and looked up to him, he was so cool and so strong and would protect me from anyone, anywhere.
Buggsy.... - *BUGGSY.....* Hope you smiled. Be Blessed. JMc