Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Nightmares and bad dreams

I read on Jeanie's blog that she was having nightmares. I wonder if i beats mine? I had such a bad dream the other night that I had to switch on the light and wait till I wake up fully and reality to kick back in. I dreamt that my head was being chopped off by the wings of an helicopter and that I was still alive to see my face covered in blood and staring at my hands wondering why I'm still standing. And before I woke up I remember thinking that this must be out of a "Final Destination" movie although I've only seen bits and pieces of them.

I have nightmares so easily that I need to stay the Hell away from horror films and sad realities. That would give me sleepless nights too easily.


I call nightmares the bloodshed and fear
I call bad dreams the emotional torture


As a kid I remember so many sleepless nights thinking of ghosts, skeletons, aliens (like in the movie) and snakes... i had so many sleepless nights that my mom bought therapy sessions with a sophrologist (a sleep doctor) and he really helped. after ten sessions with him i managed to find some restful sleep. not stressing over the fact that it was four o'clock in the morning and that I was still awake and needed to be up fresh and bright in three hours for school. on the nights when I managed to actually fall asleep I would wake up at 5 am with horrible nightmares that would keep me awake till dawn. i slept well for the last 10 years, now they're back with a vengeance... the nightmares and the bad dreams. blood, snakes, evil, love, pain. it sucks.

5 comments:

none said...

Dreams and nightmares are reflections of our day to day lives, fears and insecurites. Our brain trys to file away thoughts, learning and experiences as we sleep, It's like a daily computer database reorganization and backup.

I find myself having these type nightmares when there are pressing unresolved issues in my life.

Not sure if this is the case with everyone. Hope this helps.

tweetey30 said...

I have to say I have never had this problem. I have to say also I dont think I dream or at least I sleep so soundly I dont remember them. I have always been this way. Its hard to see or hear about my friends here in trouble. J dreams about when he was in the military. He was in for three weeks and it was horrible from what he told me. Well hope they get better than worse for you. Thinking of you. Tweets and B.

Jeannie said...

I used to have a lot more bad dreams when I was younger - now - not so much but I always have vivid dreams. And when I'm coming down with something, they get crazier with the odd nightmare or more disturbing content.

What Hammer says is true but other things - like scary movies, illness etc can have some effect. You have done a lot of travelling lately - maybe your body is telling you it's time to stay put for a bit. Get your head back on straight.

Knock knock - it's cancer! said...

Helene,

maybe you need to take a break from sleep? Yeah that's it. NO sleeping...only blogging! (hehe)

Seriously though, hope you don't have continuous bad dreams. Try a dream catchers. If it doesn't "catch" the bad dreams, at least it looks pretty :-)

BY the way...this time, on my blog I've put on a short post - especially for you, since you're "too lazy" to read the long ones (LOL) Its a little game, and I can't wait to read your response. You seem like you've had a wild side in the past.

La Cremiere said...

Apparently dreaming of blood on your face means that there is something important you need to tell someone... hmmm